Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm going to like this new schedule!

My work schedule was 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, but in recent times I've worked as late as 8:30 or 9:00 PM.  One day recently I took 65 calls on my shift and made 65 calls, but usually, my total hovers somewhere around 100 calls a day.  I came to realize, in recent times, that the first 4 hours of my day are utterly consumed by me managing eruptions happening primarily with accounts managed by others, leaving me to scramble to get my appointed duties dispatched with the meager remains of the day, thus the piling on of overtime. 

So, a Eureka moment-- I'll switch with a later person and they can deal with the things that go splodey early in the morning, and I'll just mosey in later.  Yay!

So this morning, I've got about 1:45 before my shift, I've watered my plants, fed and let out the pups, worked on weeding around flowers for about an hour.  We'll see if I am staying  4 hours after my shift to finish up, though.  Hopefully this will ultimately result in less overtime.  I'm going to ready part of my next psych chapter and then clock in about 45 minutes early.

Yeah, this seems much more manageable.  Report to follow. :)

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope it works to your benefit!

NotClauswitz said...

Did it work or did they just push the eruptions into another time zone - the You Zone?

Matt G said...

Good job at analyzing your life, identifying the stressor, and surgically removing it.